Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Color Throwdown #55


Welcome to Week #55 of The Color Throwdown! I'm your host this week, and decided on this bright color combo! I was inspired by a card I saw on someone's blog, but for the life of me don't remember where to give credit, but I thought the bright pink and sunny yellow were complimented beautifully with black, white and kraft, so that's your challenge for today!

We would love to see your creations too, and remember, if you don't have the exact colors, feel free to substitue something similar. The keyword this week is CTD55 - makes sure you use it when you upload to any public gallery so that we can see how you've interpreted the colors this week! Use Mr. Linky below to link us directly to your post - not just your blog - so that you can be in the running for next week's Featured Stamper. Who knows, you may be chosen as our October Guest Designer! (You can participate in our challenges at any time, but to be considered for the blog candy and/or Featured Stamper your entry must be linked with Mr. Linky by 11:59 p.m. EST on Sunday, August 16th.)

Our sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp! and they are generously offering a $20 gift certificate to one lucky participant with free shipping!

Please read below for some background behind this wonderful company...


Simon Says Stamp is one of the largest paper arts stores in the world. With over 100,000 items in stock, we try to keep all of the most innovative, fresh, and fun products on hand for our customers. We have a great shipping deal right now! Free shipping to USA for all orders over $60 and Free International shipping for all orders over $120. We feature brands like Magnolia, Whiff of Joy, Spellbinders, Basic Grey, Hero Arts, Penny Black, Copic, Tim Holtz, Prima and much more! Stop by and check out our selection, we hope you will be pleased!

Happy stamping!









Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy


LeAnne Pugliese - WeeInklings


Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor


Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits


Cathy Indelicato/Crafty Thoughts...



Danielle Kennedy - Wild Dragonfly Designs


Sylvia Nelson - August Guest Designer - Sylvia's Stamping Corner



28 comments:

Jennifer Meyer said...

Wonderful samples, I LOVE each of the fun samples! Hugs, Jennifer :)

BitchA.Lgl© said...

Hi,


I am French and I wanted to know how to participate?
I have not found anywhere the conditions for participation in the challenge.
Can you help me?

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I am very inspired by this challenge that you are proposing, and I would like to participate.

Thanks for your reply.

Best regards from France.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful colors and projects this week!

MJ said...

Love these colors. Great choice and wonderful inspiration.

Мързеланче said...

Hi Lucy,
All you have to do is to link your card, by using Mister Linky. Write your name and below it, put the link to your card /NOT your blog/. That's all :)))

C said...

Love this color combo and Simon Says Stamp is an awesome company. Beautiful inspiration pieces. Hope I get time to play!!

Carol L said...

Great colors this week Tammy! Thanks for all the beautiful samples ladies! I love all the great inspiration I always find here!

Debbie Corbari said...

LOVE THE SAMPLES!! LOVE THE COLOR COMBO! I wouldn't normally pair these colors together...but they are YUMMY!

Carla S. said...

Great colors, Tammy! I wouldn't have thought to put them together! All the DT samples are fantastic! I linked my card with the colors. Thanks for the inspiration!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous samples! I can't wait to play with these new color! Thanks for another fun challenge! :)

Shawne said...

THESE COLORS ARE GREAT TOGETHER I LOVE ALL OF YOUR SAMPLES!!!

BitchA.Lgl© said...

Ok!!

thank you for your help.
best regards,

:)

Debi said...

interesting color combination, did two, liked the first one best though.

Christi said...

Love the color choices!! And the examples are stunning! I had alot of fun with it!

dpkennedy said...

Thanks Marzelanche for replying to Lucy!

Lucy if you have any further questions please let us know!

Denise Young said...

ooooo... these look like fun colors. I hope I will have time to play tomorrow after work.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Ahh what a great colour combo, and the inspirational samples - thanks for that girls!
Chupa xx

mudmaven said...

This was fun! Unusual color combo. Thanks! ~chris

Roberta said...

Just found you challenge and I think I'm hooked! Thanks for the inspiration.

Chris said...

I tried to get close to your colors, I don't have any of the new SU in colors items so my mambo and curry are kind of iffy but I got the black and white.

Rosemary said...

Great stuff from your dt! Having fun with your color choices!

Jill Coleman said...

Fun and different color combo. It was a stretch for me.

Bee said...

Fantastic DT creations and love the melon colour for this challenge!
- Crafts By Bee

Kristin Eberline said...

Awesome color palette! One that I wouldn't have thought of otherwise :) All of the samples are so gorgeous! Looks like everyone had fun with the colors!!

Lori Rider said...

Wow, this one got me out of my comfort zone, but in the end I love my card! Thanks for the challenge and all the lovely samples from the DT!

Jessica said...

That was a great challenge! I had to substitute two of the colours, but I think they're close enough :)

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

I just put my card in late :) Thanks for the color sketch to play along in, was fun! -Jeni

Denise Clark said...

I really didn't think I was going to be able to manage this color combo but I did it! Thanks for a real challenge!