Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Color Throwdown Challenge #816

 

Welcome Friends!

We are glad you are here, as we take this week to celebrate, honor & remember our dear friend Barbara Anders. She was the mastermind of Color Throwdown Challenge and a true inspiration to so many in life & especially in the crafty community. On September 25th, she lost her battle to pancreatic cancer. This week we are enjoying some Kraft, orange, and cream for Challenge #816 as a tribute to Bar! 

If you are new to our challenge, you'll find complete guidelines on our Challenge Rules page above. We'd love to see your creativity, so please link your design below and use keyword CTD816 in online galleries and #ctd816 and #colorthrowdown on social media.

Below you will find some inspiring designs from our Color Throwdown team and Guest Star Stamper. 

We hope you will join us this week, as we honor our dear friend Barbara...see you in the gallery!


Additional team thoughts:

A note of thanks to Barbara for inspiring me years ago to stretch my creativity. I will always be grateful. I met her in person at an MFT retreat and will never forget her. I loved seeing her posts every week at CTD. Indeed we’ve lost a great artist and friend.  - Susie

Barb’s beautiful creations caught my eye many blog hops ago, as she was also a member of several companies’ Design Teams. I was always wowed by her sense of style, unique designs, and beautiful coloring. Wishing peace and comfort to sweet Barb’s family. - Kelly

"Bar" was a long-time crafting inspiration for me and "wowed" me frequently with her talented designs! I had the privilege of meeting her and her husband in person at a team retreat many years ago. She and I both were in the nursing profession and both residents of Virginia. She was a huge cat lover and treated her fur babies with lots of love! Love and prayers go out to her family...she will be missed!  - Wanda

Barbara was one of our first team members here at the Color Throwdown.  She was a beautiful, talented, and enthusiastic team member, a caring individual, and so loved by so many people.  I was also lucky enough to have visited Bar and her dear husband John at their home (well, it was really the cats' house) for a design team retreat weekend.  It was such a fun and welcoming home and we all enjoyed their hospitality so very much.  She is already and will be forever missed. ~ Broni

Barbara, or “Bar” as I knew her, was my best friend. (If you knew her at all, you knew not to call her Barb!) We shared so much together, oftentimes emailing back and forth 20-30 times a day. My husband and I had the pleasure of traveling to Virginia many times to visit Bar and husband John, and we always had such a good time. Her design work was a constant inspiration to me and so many others. It never ceased to amaze me, the ideas she came up with! I miss her greatly. The world has lost a bright, beautiful light! - Tammy

Bar was an amazing lady! I was lucky enough to join her and several other CTD members at a Copic class in Virginia years ago and enjoyed every minute of the time spent together sharing our love of crafting. She had a fabulous sense of humor and a loving mom to her sweet fur babies. She will be greatly missed. - Lori

I had hoped to never have to write this... Bar was tremendously talented, kind, caring, fun, and boy did she love John and her kitties!! I was lucky to meet her and John at the design team retreat at her home- yes, we had a great time. Bar was always there if you had a question or needed help and she loved designing. - Vickie

Bar was one of the most prolific stampers I know, consistently impressing us with her beautifully designed creations. She maintained a tight ship at CTD, which I believe has greatly contributed to the challenge's longevity. When I think of Bar, I think of her numerous balloon designs and her passion for cats. Cheers to a true legend in the stamping community! - Amy Rohl

Lisa Henke: @lisaHenke

 

Susie Moore - Created 4 Creativity

 

Kelly Schirmer - @kellyparkerschirmer


 
Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
 

 

Lynn Put - The Queen’s Scene 

Bar was a true inspiration to me and so many others in the paper crafting community and will be dearly missed and remembered. 
 



Broni Holcombe - @bronih



 
Tammy Hershberger -SPECIAL Guest Star Stamper - @tammys_vintage_treasures


 
Lori Tecler - Inking Aloud

With Sympathy card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud
 
 
Vickie Zimmer- Smitten


Lydia, Guest Star Stamper - Loopy Loo Cards



Amy - @rohla



If you would like to join us in sharing your sympathy with Barbara's husband and family, the address is below:

John Anders
100 Pinecrest Court
Collinsville VA 24078








You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments: